Cross country racing has its own list of demands, and speed is at the top of the list. Our Epic Comp Carbon World Cup answers the call with a tighter geometry, along with shorter chainstays and tube lengths in comparison to a “standard” Epic. This gives the World Cup more explosive power transfer and nimbler handling, especially when paired up with the carbon chassis and M5 alloy rear end. As for the build, you truly start to see the theme of uncompromising speed at work, as we’ve hung some of SRAM’s most reliable parts on this bike. And to make sure that you’ll be utilizing every watt of power out of them, we included our Mini Brain rear shock that differentiates rider input from trail bumps to ensure that the bike stays stiff when you need it to. With all of this going on, it’s easy to see why the Epic has long been the dominant force on the cross country scene.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fibre frame w/ a M5 alloy rear end with our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 95mm of fine-tunable suspension. To maximise efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customise the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- Roval 29 alloy wheels feature a 21mm internal width, making them plenty stiff and lightweight for XC racing.
- The drivetrain is comprised of a mix of SRAM 1×11 components, hand-selected to provide maximum performance at a more palatable value. Combine, the GX and S-1000 pieces deliver crisp shifting, stiff pedalling, and reliable precision—no matter what direction you’re pointing the bike on the trail.