Whether you’re earning your stripes on the XC race circuit, or you’re just looking for a well-rounded bike that’ll get you up the mountain in no time, the Epic Comp Carbon is up for the job. It features a carbon fiber chassis and a M5 alloy rear end in order to check all of the weight savings and durability boxes on your wish list. Meanwhile, the frame follows our XC 29 Geometry, which means that you can expect explosive power, incredible speeds, and a tight, nimble degree of handling throughout its 100mm of front and rear travel. For the build, you truly start to see the theme at work, as we’ve hung some of Shimano’s most reliable parts on this bike. And to make sure that you’ll be utilizing every watt of power out of them, we included our Mini Brain rear shock that differentiates rider input from trail bumps to ensure that the bike stays stiff when you need it to. With all of this going on, it’s easy to see why the Epic has long been the dominant force on the cross country scene.
- The chassis was built from FACT 9m carbon fiber for its lightweight and stiff composition, while M5 aluminum was used at the rear end for its strength and durability. And when paired with our XC 29 Geometry, you get a bike that’s prepared to dominate a diverse variety of course types.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 100mm of fine-tunable suspension. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- Roval 29 alloy wheels feature a 21mm internal width, making them plenty stiff and lightweight for XC racing.
- The drivetrain is made up of a thoughtful mix of SRAM X0 and Shimano XT, while shifting duties come at the hands of Shimano SLX shifters. Combined, the 10-speed setup provides the ideal blend of performance and durability that’ll standup to seasons of racing and training.