The S-Works Epic was designed to get you over the line in first position, and it holds nothing back in achieving this goal. For maximum efficiency, it’s built from our finest carbon fibre to provide a lightweight, stiff ride quality on the flats and climbs. Efficiency is taken another step further with our proprietary Brain technology at the fork and rear shock. This intelligent system is able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and compliant over bumps. Then there’s our XC 29 Geometry that’s built for sheer speed over long courses which, after four ABSA Cape Epic wins and multiple World Championships, has truly earned its salt. And to round out the package is a component spec that’s nothing short of future-proof, with Shimano XTR Di2 and the incomparable RockShox RS-1 fork. If speed is on the top of your list, it doesn’t get much better than this.
- FACT 11m carbon fibre frame provides the ideal blend of stiffness, strength, and light weight, resulting in the pinnacle of efficiency and speed. Meanwhile, our XC 29 Geometry, 100mm of travel, internal cable routing, and a SWAT Tool Cradle create exceptional handling and zero-hassle maintenance.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up, 100mm of fine-tunable suspension, and our Spike Valve technology for enhanced performance in the corners and rough terrain. To maximise efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- RockShox RS-1 Brain fork is arguably the most sought-after fork in XC racing. Compared to a traditional fork, its inverted design creates a carbon fibre upper that provides superior stiffness, while behaving with more sensitivity to small bumps and more control over larger hits. And with Brain technology, these characteristics are amplified and even more efficient. It also includes our Spike Valve technology that minimises yaw in cornering, while providing maximum travel in high velocity impacts.
- Roval Control SL 29 carbon fibre wheels are lightweight for climbs, hand-built for precision and durability, stiff for explosive sprints and nimble handling, and most importantly, exceptionally fast for hard, sustained efforts come race day.
- Drivetrain duties are handled by the revolutionary Shimano XTR Di2 11-speed groupset, with 36/26T gearing up front and 11-40t at the rear. The first ever electronic mountain groupset, it provides unparalleled shift precision, reliability, and accuracy, making it the secret weapon in any racer’s arsenal.